среда, 13 ноября 2013 г.

Day 8 - Study time 3 hours

I can feel that spanish is filling my mind. I'm  absorbing so much information passively, but I don't have time to digest it and learn to express it. I was thinking about finding a language exchange partner, but in my previous experience it took quite an amount of time to find a person who suited me. Now I don't have that time, so I'll have to manage by myself.

I dedicated a fair amount of time to prepare my tasks for the lesson. It's definitely great to have a guidance in a language aquisition. Even if you know how to study and what to study, and even if you can find a lot of speaking practice in language exchange, it's still important to have someone to see to your progress.

I started teaching English quite a long time ago, but only recently I came to think of a language teacher as of a coach. Especially when it comes to one-to-one classes. Teaching a language is not only about explaining grammar and drilling exercises, it's a lot about effective communication and interation between a teacher and a student, and even more about them being partners. It's a kind of a partnership where a coach (a teacher) knows what's going on in the learning process, sees to good results, sets short-term and long-term goals and uses the coachee's (student's) potencial to the fullest, but also informs the coachee about all of that. Therefore the student does not only follow, but also can lead and most importantly take responsibility for the learning process. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий